2. All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by Scotcash. You may download one copy of any of the material displayed on this website for non-commercial personal or internal use only; but you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on or in relation to such material. You may not copy, reproduce, download, republish, broadcast, transmit, display, modify or re-use the materials on this website for any other purpose.
3. Links contained in this website lead to websites not under the control of Scotcash and Scotcash is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Links provided on this website are provided to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Scotcash of, and Scotcash accepts no liability in respect of the content of, any such linked site. Linking to any linked sites is at your own risk.
4. The trade marks, logos, names and images displayed on this website are the registered or unregistered trademarks of Scotcash and others. Nothing in this website should be taken as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trade mark displayed on this website without the prior written approval of Scotcash or such third party as may own the relevant trade mark.
5. While care has been taken in the preparation of this website to ensure that the information contained on it is accurate, no warranty or representation of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of title, whether express or implied, is given, nor is any warranty or representation given that the information and materials contained on this website are free from errors or inaccuracy.
6. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, no liability is accepted for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage however resulting from the access to and use of this website and the information and materials contained on it.
7. You are not entitled (nor shall you assist others) to set up any other link to this website (whether via hypertext linking, deep-linking, framing, tagging or otherwise) without the prior written consent of Scotcash. All requests for consent will be dealt with promptly.
11. Open Banking
What is Open Banking?
Open Banking is the secure way of providing access to your bank or building society account to providers who are registered for this purpose.
Registered providers and participating banks and building societies are listed under the Open
Open Banking was set up by the UK Government to encourage more competition and innovation in the financial services sector.
As a forward thinking lender, we support the use of Open Banking as it allows us to process loan applications efficiently, securely and in our customer’s best interests.
By permitting access to your bank or building society account information we are able to make a better lending decision as we shall be able to verify your income, outgoings and other matters in order to assess what loan terms would be suitable for you based upon what you can reasonably afford to repay.
Further information about Open Banking is available from www.openbanking.org.uk.
How will my personal data be shared and used for the purposes of Open Banking?
By proceeding with your loan application via our website you expressly consent to us sharing your personal, contact and loan application details (“the Shared Personal Data”) with our registered Open Banking partner, Perfect Data Solutions Limited (“PDS”) who are also a credit reference agency. During your loan application we shall safely and securely direct you to PDS’s secure portal (“the Portal”) for the purposes of granting PDS access to your bank or building society account information (“Transaction Information”). As soon as your Transaction Information is received it shall be reported back to us in the form of a completed search in order that we may continue to process your loan application (“the Permitted Purpose”).
Further information about PDS including their registered provider and regulatory status is available from www.lendingmetrics.com.
Is Open Banking secure?
PDS are registered under the Open Banking Directory as an account information service provider and are also regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a payment services firm under number 802599. Any data you submit via the Portal will be encrypted and its usage tracked as part of set Open Banking data security standards.
We are responsible for the secure transmission of any Shared Personal Data to PDS, for safely directing you to the Portal and for the safe receipt and usage of your Transaction Information.
You will not be required to share your banking password or log in details with either us or PDS.
Once you have given your explicit consent to share your bank account information on the Portal you will be directed to your own bank or building society’s login page where you will enter in your own login details directly.
How will my Shared Personal Data and Transaction Information be used?
PDS shall be entitled to re-access your Transaction Information for up to 90 days from the date of your original search result in order to refresh the search results, obtain a snapshot of your data or gather additional data.
As PDS are also a credit reference agency they may also share and keep a record of your Shared
Personal Data and Transaction Information.
Will you use my Transaction Information data for any other purpose?
The Transaction Information we receive about you will only be used for the Permitted Purpose.
We do not sell or share Transaction Information with any third party.
Do I have to provide you with my consent to proceed?
You do not have to provide consent to provide transactional information in this way, other options are available and can be found here.
Where your bank or building society have already permitted access to your Transaction
Information you shall need to contact them directly in order to withdraw your consent under their particular Open Banking terms and conditions.
Your individual data protection and privacy rights including the right to access, correct, delete, object, restrict, withdraw consent, request transfer and/or make a complaint, continue to apply to relevant personal data we control or process and are dealt with elsewhere in this Privacy
Under Open Banking as your personal data is shared by your bank or building society and accessed by PDS you may also be able to exercise your individual data protection and privacy rights against either of them pursuant to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
We will use the information you provide to consider any application and loan. You agree that we may hold and process, by computer or otherwise, any information we gather about you as a result of this agreement and any other agreements or applications you have made with us. Where necessary, for any of the above purposes, as well as to prevent fraud and money laundering, we may release your personal information to our regulators, to other members of our group and to fraud-prevention and law-enforcement agencies or to anyone we transfer our rights and duties to under this agreement. We may also release your personal information to others (such as mailing agencies) who carry out certain aspects of the administration of this agreement for us. We may disclose information supplied.